Seasonal Event Staff
This is a part-time, seasonal, non-exempt position having responsibility for creating a positive and safe guest service experience as well as ensuring the general up-keep, cleanliness, and security of the Auditorium, Community House and surrounding areas. Evening and weekend work is required in meeting position responsibilities. For emergency and inclement weather reporting purposes this position is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide excellent customer service to all Chautauqua patrons and guests.
· Scan patrons’ tickets to ensure valid entrance into the venue.
· Assist disabled patrons with lift, transportation, and seating.
· Assist in general upkeep and cleanliness of the Auditorium, Community House, and surrounding areas.
· Accurately handle cash transactions during water sales.
· Work alongside event contractors to assist with venue security including but not limited to ensuring guest safety, maintaining crowd control inside venue and outside of venue when appropriate, making sure all exit doors are clear during event and securing all entrances and sliders at conclusion of event.
· Assist in the setup and breakdown of event as needed.
· Assist with shuttle, parking and traffic flow operations as needed.
· Trained and knowledgeable as to CCA’s emergency response plans and execute those in the event of an emergency.
· Acquire working knowledge of and ensure compliance with all city and state regulations pertaining to venue occupancy, ADA, and alcohol compliance both inside and outside of the Auditorium and Community House.
· Follow CCA safety guidelines, including the operations of CCA equipment.
· Perform temperature checks as needed at venue entrance points.
· Communicate public health guidelines as directed in CCA COVID-19 Safety Guide, specifically, requirement for staff and guests to wear masks, social distance, and to follow ingress/egress/seating instructions.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Abilities
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor.
Behavioral Traits and Attitudes
Reports to Public Events Manager, Programming & Event Operations Manager, and Manager on Duty (MOD)
Duties require lifting, pushing / pulling, and /or carrying of objects weighing up to 75 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs, ladders as well as navigate the site which has a 200-foot elevation change.
For full position description, please visit our Careers page at www.chautauqua.com.
To apply, please submit a copy of your work history as well as a brief description of your interest in this position to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
At Colorado Chautauqua Association (CCA), we celebrate difference and welcome its benefits. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
PO Box 1013
Lafayette, CO 80026
Copyright © 2019 Latino Chamber of Commerce of Boulder County