EMERGENCY FAMILY ASSISTANCE ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Basic Needs Resource Navigator
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week Monday-Friday. Work hours are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. A We
are currently operating on a hybrid schedule with opportunity to work a combination of onsite and remote schedule. Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this job.
Work Location: 1575 Yarmouth, Boulder, CO 80304
Reports to: Basic Needs Program Manager
The Basic Needs Resource Navigator is responsible for providing day-to-day casework services with families and individuals that are having difficulty in meeting basic material needs, primarily around food and housing. This position requires individual and team-based decision making, assistance with an array of administrative duties, while also participating in the training and support of volunteers. All EFAA staff are required to contribute to the development of the organization.
EFAA’s mission is to provide stabilizing services, innovative programs, and transformative advocacy to strengthen families and create a thriving community. For over 100 years, EFAA has provided a local safety net to vulnerable households and has increasingly developed deeper programming to more systemically reduce poverty, prevent homelessness, build family resilience, and create a more equitable community.
- Conduct professional interviews with diverse clients
- Provide bilingual (Spanish) conversational casework services for Spanish speaking clients
- Regularly collaborate with co-workers and supervisor on cases
- Maintain working knowledge of community resources available to assist the populations served
- Enter all relevant information into the database for tracking and analysis
- Make decisions regarding participant services on a daily basis
- Distribute assistance to clients according to EFAA’s policies and procedures
- Complete case management related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Identify and report on unmet needs
- Work with supervisor on client related issues including but not limited to: case related paperwork, working with challenging cases/clients, in-services with outside agencies, budget related issues, etc.
- Maintain positive working relationships with groups and individuals referring people to EFAA for help
- Attend regular meetings as a member of the Program Team
- Provide support to other paid and volunteer staff working in the Boulder community
- Take proper safety precautions, anticipate unsafe circumstances and act accordingly to prevent accidents
- Adhere to and practice EFAA Safety rules. Responsible for ensuring volunteers and supervised staff adhere to EFAA Safety rules at all times.
- Identify and participate in professional development activities and complete a professional development plan in the annual performance review
- Participate in hiring of new staff members as needed
- Make suggestions on improvements in procedures, policies, and programs to improve EFAA
- Help support occasional evening and weekend events
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned as necessitated by organizational demands.
- Minimum one year case management experience and / or undergraduate degree in Sociology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Family Studies, or related field of study.
- Written and verbal proficiency in both English and Spanish
- Experience working with low-income and ethnically diverse households
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Teams, as well as the ability to use additional software programs
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities in an environment of competing demands.
- Ability to communicate and work easily with a wide variety of people
- Attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple projects a must.
- Prior experience in strength-based case management and motivational interviewing desired.
- Commitment to the mission of EFAA and the principals of diversity, equity and inclusion
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used:
- Typical office environment. Regularly uses computers for data input and other work.
This is a full-time position (100% FTE) or 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $48,000 - $50,000. Competitive pay commensurate with education and experience.
Why You Should Apply
EFAA's culture is employee-focused, providing access to a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive paid time off and holidays
- Choice of employer-paid health insurance plans, including family coverage options
- Employer paid Simple IRA contributions
- RTD Ecopass
- Language bonus for bilingual English / Spanish employees
- Family friendly policies and practices
- A commitment to professional development and training
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Basic Needs Resource Navigator”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Our people are the foundation of who we are as an organization. Attracting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent enables us to be more innovative and better serve our employees, volunteers, participants, and the community. EFAA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, disability, military status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or characteristics, parenthood, custody of a minor child, pregnancy or any protected class under applicable Federal, State or local laws that is not listed above.