The Seasonal Houseperson is a full-time (32 hours plus), non-exempt, benefited position, responsible for helping CCA deliver a consistently high-quality visitor experience for its day and overnight guests. Variable shifts possible, evening and weekend work is required in meeting position responsibilities. For emergency and inclement weather reporting this position is considered essential.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver air mattresses, cribs, high-chairs, and gift baskets as assigned.
- Stock amenity vehicle for daily door-to-door amenity service.
- Process and respond to work order system (mobile app) for various amenity delivery request.
- Pull together the necessary linens and amenities for rooms (i.e. “bagging”) and deliver bags to vacant cottages prior to housekeepers arrival.
- Remove all linens, trash and used amenities from vacant cottages prior to housekeepers arrival.
- General Housekeeping, including trash removal and cleaning, as assigned to include public buildings; Academic Hall, Community House, Cottage 200.
- Participate in laundry services as needed.
- Remove trash, recycling and compost and clean venue room spaces and associated bathrooms.
- Stock amenities and ensure equipment is in working order.
- Deliver and store clean banquet linens to private event venues.
Grounds, Public Buildings and Other responsibilities
- Arrange porch furniture.
- Clean and squeegee windows on request.
- Assist with snow removal, as directed for occupied cottages/lodges and Public buildings: Community House, Academic Hall & Cottage 200.
- Empty and clean housekeeping vehicle daily.
- Remove debris (apples) and sweep back area of guest laundry.
Reports to the Housekeeping Coordinator
· Must have a valid driver’s license and pass DMV background check
· Reliable transportation to and from Chautauqua
· Flexible schedule
High School Diploma or equivalent
Hotel / hospitality industry housekeeping experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Excellent customer service skills
· Quality orientation and attention to detail
· Ability to both work well within a team-environment with diverse groups of people
· Ability to function effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive environment
· Bi-lingual a plus
Requires minimal technical skills in the performance of the position
Duties require lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs, ladders as well as navigate the site, which has a 200-foot elevation change.
For full position description, please see our Careers page at www.chautauqua.com
To apply, please submit a copy of your work history and a brief description of your interest in this position to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
At Colorado Chautauqua Association (CCA), we celebrate difference and welcome its benefits. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.