Seasonal Parking Staff
This is a part-time, seasonal, non-exempt position having responsibility for monitoring Chautauqua parking and traffic flow for guests, artist, staff and volunteers on high volume days for CCA and Colorado Music Festival events. Evening and weekend work is required in meeting position responsibilities. This position requires the candidate have a valid driver’s license and pass a background check. For emergency and inclement weather reporting purposes this position is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for strategically setting and striking cones, signs and barriers for implementation of the approved traffic control plan
· Ensure drivers comply with traffic and parking procedures
· Uphold all traffic marshal duties to meet and greet incoming vehicles and guests to communicate parking procedures and convey shuttle information
· Be knowledgeable and field questions about the Colorado Chautauqua Association including history, programming, shuttle services, and other Chautauqua departments
· Ensure all volunteers, staff and artists have the appropriate hang tags and know where to park
· Assist with ADA parking and transportation requests
· Adhere to all procedures as outlined in CCA’s parking plan with the City of Boulder
· Properly train and follow CCA safety guidelines, including the operations of CCA equipment and vehicles
· Trained and knowledgeable as to CCA’s emergency response plans regarding parking and execute those in the event of an emergency
· Adhere to CCA parking staff dress code including wearing a high visibility vest at all times when acting as a traffic marshal
· Provide excellent customer service to all Chautauqua patrons and guests
· Effectively problem solve when issues or challenges arise in a positive and professional manner
· When necessary, communicate public health guidelines as directed in CCA COVID-19 Safety Guide, specifically, requirement for staff and guests to wear masks and maintain social distancing.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background check.
· Must be available to work a majority of the Auditorium event nights during the summer calendar season (mid-May through end-September).
· Ability to work in an outdoor setting in sometimes inclement weather and stand for extended periods.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor.
· Flexible and able to accommodate changes effectively, function efficiently in a fast paced, complex, and demanding customer service environment.
· Ability to recognize and respond to emergencies.
· Capacity to stay calm and be an effective problem solver in stressful situations.
Behavioral Traits and Attitudes
· High energy team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently.
· Arrives prepared and on time for work.
Reports to Public Events Manager, Programming & Event Operations Manager, and Manager on Duty (MOD)
Duties require lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 75 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs, ladders as well as navigate the site which has a 200-foot elevation change.
For full position description, please visit our Careers page at www.chautauqua.com
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief description of your interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
At Colorado Chautauqua Association (CCA), we celebrate difference and welcome its benefits. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
PO Box 1013
Lafayette, CO 80026
Copyright © 2019 Latino Chamber of Commerce of Boulder County