General Manager, Hospitality
Boutique Lodging Operation
This position offers an opportunity to be involved with one of the most beloved institutions in Boulder, Colorado. One of only 25 National Historic Landmarks in the state and one of the few remaining living examples of the Chautauqua Movement in the United States, the Colorado Chautauqua is a special place for people of all ages.
The General Manager, Hospitality (GMH) is responsible for ensuring a consistently high-quality visitor experience through the seamless integration and management of CCA’s lodging operation, including Facilities and Preservation, Front Desk and Housekeeping Departments.
The General Manager, Hospitality is a year-round, full-time, exempt, benefitted position that reports to and works closely with the Director of Operations (DOO). The DOO provides overarching vision and oversees the operational functions that support CCA’s lodging arm, while the GMH provides direction to the managers responsible for the lodging departments themselves. Some evening and weekend work is required in meeting position responsibilities. For emergency and inclement weather reporting purposes, this position is essential.
The General Manager, Hospitality is responsible for ensuring:
- · Operations of the Front Desk, Concierge, Housekeeping, and Facilities and Preservation.
- · Management of a smooth functioning of departments, helping to resolve disputes that may arise in an attentive, friendly, efficient, and courteous manner.
- · Responsiveness to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing their needs and adding personal recommendations and touches.
- · Achieving quality service results while maximizing room/venue revenue and productivity by developing and supporting managers and employees.
- · General staff oversight and development, including determining staffing requirements, hiring, mentoring staff, performance reviews and annual goal and objective setting.
- · Leads internal safety committee focused on the development and execution of guest and staff safety protocols and incident reporting.
Required Skills and Experience
- · 5+ years progressively responsible hospitality management experience, including senior-level management experience in customer service, staff management, operations, food and beverage, project management and budget/financial management.
- · Knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- · Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; must be a good listener.
- · Demonstrated ability to develop staff and to build high-performing customer-oriented teams, improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations, negotiate agreements, make difficult and timely decisions, establish standards, and hold people accountable.
- · Demonstrated ability to multi-task, deal with complexity and manage the details.
- · Strong writing skills; solid computer skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- · Historic properties and heritage tourism
- · Condominium or homeowner’s associations; membership
- · Overseeing capital projects
- · New construction and remodeling
- · Mediation, conflict resolution and/or facilitation skills
- · Public programs development; nonprofit organizations
- · An appreciation of how technology can be used in an organization to improve work processes.
Please visit CCA’s career page at www.chautauqua.com for full position description and complete list of requirements.
Compensation: $68K - $73K
To Apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Payroll & Human Resources Assistant
No Phone calls please.