Over the last 22 years, Growing Gardens has brought gardening, nutrition education and produce donations to over 162,000 Boulder County residents.
We oﬀer a variety of programs to get people of all ages, backgrounds, income levels, and abilities involved in growing and cooking their own food. These educational opportunities are paired with seed, plant start, and produce donations, as well as gardening space, to impart greater food security and hunger relief in our community.
The Growing Gardens Operations Manager plays an important role in developing, implementing and reviewing operational policies and procedures. The Operations Manager oversees the management of our Community Gardens program and ﬁnancial systems and processes. The Operations Manager works with other staﬀ to manage our registration system and database and provide high quality programs for the community.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Status: Salaried position is an average of 40 hours a week (hours do change seasonally and can go up to 45+ hours before events)
Reports to: Executive Director
Pay: $44,000- $51,000 annually, depending on experience
Beneﬁts: Generous beneﬁts policy (health insurance, PTO and retirement beneﬁts available)
The experience we oﬀer:
- The opportunity to pair your work with your passion and to have a real impact in aﬀecting positive change in our community.
- Professional development opportunities
- Supportive organizational culture where you have independence and room to be creative
- The chance to be part of a thriving team culture where successes are celebrated together and coworkers enthusiastically share knowledge and support.
- A beautiful location: our oﬃce is on an urban farm in Boulder, Colorado.
Preferred Weekly Schedule: Monday – Friday, weekends and evenings as needed based on events.
Preferred Start Date: Flexible between July 21 and Sept 1, 2021
Qualiﬁed applicants will be interviewed starting July 7 until the position is ﬁlled.
Candidates from minority or marginalized groups or with multicultural backgrounds or experience are especially encouraged to apply. Growing Gardens is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment; where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.
No phone calls please. Email your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references with “Operations Manager Application” in the email subject line to: info@GrowingGardens.org. We strongly encourage you to submit 2 letters of reference, as well, with your application materials.
Overview of Operations Manager Job Responsibilities:
The Operations Manager oversees business operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities for improvement or revision.
- Manages the Community Garden Program (40% of position)
- Eﬀectively manages Operations Coordinator, interns and volunteers (20% of position)
- Manages day to day ﬁnancial transactions of the organization (15% of position)
- Collaborates with other team members to ensure seamless business execution, reinforce positive morale, and uphold organization values (10%)
- Maintains all business licenses, insurance policies and other required business paperwork (5%)
- Establishes and maintains credible, professional relationships with clients, participants, and external vendors (5%)
- Supports IT systems within the organization (5%)
Operations Manager Qualiﬁcations and Required Skills:
- 3 years’ experience in Operations Management
- 2 years’ experience in general ﬁnance and budgeting, familiarity with QuickBooks is preferred
- Excellent communication and conﬂict resolutions skills
- Excellent computer skills over a wide variety of platforms
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to organize and prioritize short and long term tasks and projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a small staﬀ
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations