EMERGENCY FAMILY ASSISTANCE ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Development and Database Associate
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Work Location: EFAA Offices 1575 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder, CO
Reports to: Director of Development & Communications
The Development & Database Associate is chiefly responsible for gift entry / acknowledgement, donor data management and administration, and donor prospect research. This includes reporting and advanced analysis of data, as well as managing data import and data entry, data extraction, data quality initiatives, and other related activities. The Development & Database Associate will be the lead for donor data analytics, working with staff to understand data needs and develop actionable insights.
EFAA’s mission is to provide stabilizing services, innovative programs, and transformative advocacy to strengthen families and create a thriving community. As an organization we value community, resiliency, innovation, integrity, equity, and impact. For over 100 years, EFAA has provided a local safety net to vulnerable households, and has increasingly developed deeper programming to more systemically reduce poverty, prevent homelessness, build family resilience and create a more equitable community.
Gift Entry, Acknowledgments & Reconciliation (50%):
· Manages entry and acknowledgment of all gifts via mail, credit card, online, EFT and stock transfer.
· Enters or imports donors, gifts, and other relevant data in a timely basis into database with appropriate coding.
· Produces acknowledgement letters/tax receipts with knowledge of practical tax receipting protocol.
· Generates pledge reminders and invoices, and monitors endowment and Board giving.
· Provides gift entry reports to EFAA’s Finance department, in order to reconcile all bank deposits and daily settlement of credit card donations.
· Ensures gift categories and amounts reconcile with Finance department at month-end; includes trouble-shooting and auditing data.
Systems and Database Management (30%):
· Manage all aspects of multiple donor databases including data integrity, updates and corrections.
· Develop effective and efficient systems to manage data connections and transfers between Raiser’s Edge and other donor platforms/systems including, but not limited to Funraise, Mailchimp, Greater Giving, Colorado Gives Day, Benevity, Network for Good, Facebook.
· Strategizes and manages implementation of data enrichment services, determining the best use of available features to accomplish department goals.
· Manages projects/vendors/contracts/renewals related to fundraising database software, including Raiser’s Edge, Funraise, & Greater Giving.
· Maximizes fundraising software capabilities by implementing new/relevant features and monitoring software product developments/releases
Reporting and Other Functions (20%):
· Develops reports and manages the regular distribution of data, including monthly fundraising/variance report, performance of direct marketing plan, and analysis of fundraising progress toward goals.
· Manages performance metrics and reporting for development and communications department.
· Produces queries, reports, lists needed by development and communications staff for mailings, email segmentation, and events.
· Supports development staff in creating reports/lists within Raiser’s Edge NXT, including revenue progress in real-time, tasks and actions, donor attrition/retention rates, and call lists.
· Researches and reports on donor prospects as requested by development staff.
· Manages estate gifts in probate and oversees planned gift coding within fundraising database.
· Responds to donor inquiries, including gift documentation/acknowledgement, credit card updating, memorial gift tallies, or special gift follow-up.
· Participates in the development of the annual department planning and produces revenue projections and cash flow budget based on historical data.
· Train staff, interns, and volunteers on relevant database systems.
· Oversees staff and volunteers working within the database to ensure accuracy.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned as necessitated by organizational demands.
Skills / Competencies
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· At least 1-2 years’ experience with data entry; strong preference for experience in donor databases, especially Raiser’s Edge/NXT
· Data-oriented and analytical thinker with great attention to detail
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office; advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
· Excellent interpersonal oral and written communications skills required for effective communication with donors
· Someone who takes pride in managing the database and is passionate about helping donors
· Commitment to EFAA’s mission and to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used:
Typical office environment. Regularly uses computers for data input and other work.
Take proper safety precautions while as work, reports unsafe circumstances and takes action to prevent accidents. Responsible for ensuring volunteers and supervised staff adhere to EFAA Safety Rules at all times.
This is a full-time position (100% FTE) or 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $44,000-$47,000. Competitive pay commensurate with education and experience.
Why You Should Apply
EFAA's culture is employee-focused, providing access to a generous benefits package including:
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development & Database Associate”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Our people are the foundation of who we are as an organization. Attracting, hiring and retaining diverse talent enables us to be more innovative and better serve our employees, volunteers, participants, and the community. EFAA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, disability, military status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or characteristics, parenthood, custody of a minor child, pregnancy or any protected class under applicable Federal, State or local laws that is not listed above.
PO Box 1013
Lafayette, CO 80026
Copyright © 2019 Latino Chamber of Commerce of Boulder County