EMERGENCY FAMILY ASSISTANCE ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Economic Empowerment Coordinator
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week Monday-Friday. Work hours are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm with occasional evenings and weekends. A hybrid schedule with 3 days on site and 2 days remote work with Wednesdays as required on site day. Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this job.
Work Location: 1575 Yarmouth, Boulder, CO 80304
Reports to: Director of Programs
The Economic Empowerment Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Director of Programs by coordinating and implementing key economic empowerment initiatives and guiding economic empowerment policy, programs, and activities. The Economic Empowerment Coordinator will provide day to day technical support to ensure internal processes are completed efficiently and support the collaboration among Housing and Basic Needs teams, EFAA programs, community partners and volunteers in activities related to Economic Empowerment.
· Be versed in EFAA’s purpose and prepared to learn and research concepts, policies and programs related to economic empowerment.
· Assist EFAA leadership with cultivating and maintaining community relationships (Workforce Boulder County, Family Resource Centers, community partners, etc.) with organizations specifically invested in economic empowerment strategies and programs.
· Serve as the lead on coordinating and organizing virtual and in-person financial education and economic empowerment classes and external partners.
· Coordinate and oversee employment direct financial assistance programming conducted by Housing Care Managers under the guidance of the Housing Program Manager. Includes development of program strategy, policy, guidelines, and standards, training and troubleshooting; with potential expansion beyond EFAA Housing.
· Assist in representing EFAA at sector-related events and coalitions
· Evaluate the restart of EFAA’s Job Uptake for Motivated Parents (JUMP) program in collaboration with Workforce Boulder County and/or other joint programming possibilities.
· Responsible for making policy recommendations to provide participants with employment and direct financial assistance based on current trends in evidence-based research, as well as recommendations for program implementation.
· Identify programming gaps and opportunities to build out EFAA’s Economic Empowerment programming.
· Work with the Director of Volunteer Services to identify potential for engaging EFAA volunteers to support Economic Empowerment programming
· Assist Data Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator in developing, collecting, and maintaining workforce-related and/or other economic empowerment evaluation strategies, measurements, and data points.
· Attend virtual and in-person meetings on a regular basis and as needed.
· Adheres to and upholds safety workplace practices; demonstrates responsible use of EFAA Information Technology equipment and adheres to EFAA IT protocols.
· Other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned as necessitated by organizational demands.
· Minimum of three years of economic empowerment, financial well-being or employment related experience with underserved or vulnerable populations.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study (social work, sociology, behavioral economics, etc) or relevant experience.
· Verbal and written Spanish language proficiency strongly preferred.
· Proficient in MS Office and MS Teams (Word, Excel, OneDrive) and other relevant software such as Zoom.
· Skilled in leading groups and teams.
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
· Demonstrated decision making ability.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
· Ability to establish priorities in an environment of competing demands.
· Ability to communicate and work easily with a wide variety of people.
· Attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple projects a must.
· Commitment to the mission of EFAA and the principals of diversity, equity and inclusion.
· Masters Degree in a relevant field
· Leadership experience
· Public speaking experience
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used:
Typical office environment. Regularly uses computers for data input and other work.
This is a full-time position (100% FTE) or 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000. Competitive pay commensurate with education and experience.
Why You Should Apply
EFAA's culture is employee-focused, providing access to a generous benefits package including:
● Competitive paid time off and holidays
● Choice of employer-paid health insurance plans, including family coverage options
● Employer paid Simple IRA contributions
● RTD Ecopass
● Language bonus for bilingual English / Spanish speaking employees
● Family friendly policies and practices
● A commitment to professional development and training
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Economic Empowerment Coordinator”. The position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Our people are the foundation of who we are as an organization. Attracting, hiring and retaining diverse talent enables us to be more innovative and better serve our employees, volunteers, participants, and the community. EFAA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, disability, military status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or characteristics, parenthood, custody of a minor child, pregnancy or any protected class under applicable Federal, State or local laws that is not listed above.
PO Box 1013
Lafayette, CO 80026
Copyright © 2019 Latino Chamber of Commerce of Boulder County