Association Mission and Values
The Colorado Chautauqua Association (CCA) is a 501(c) 3 Colorado non-profit corporation dedicated to preserving, perpetuating, and improving the site and spirit of the historic Chautauqua by enhancing its community and values through cultural, educational, social, and recreational experiences. The chautauqua experience is based on lifelong learning, love of nature, voluntary simplicity, and music, oration, and the arts. Historic significance, traditions, cultural relevance, respite, and enrichment are among the community benefits provided by the Colorado Chautauqua.
The Housekeeper is a full time (32 hours plus), non-exempt position. The Housekeeper reports to the Housekeeping Manager and is responsible for performing housekeeping duties in rental properties and public buildings in a timely manner, meeting established quality standards. Weekend and some evening work are required in meeting position responsibilities. For emergency and inclement weather reporting this position is considered essential
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Performs housekeeping duties as assigned by the Housekeeping Manager. To include all the following tasks:
o General cleaning (sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, etc.)
o Cleaning bathrooms and kitchens (stove, refrigerator, washing dishes, etc.)
o Cleaning windows, walls, ceiling fans, etc.
o Changing bedding and linens/towels
o Cleaning cottage porches/steps/sidewalks/yards
· Report any items found in the cottage/unit after guest departure to supervisor for delivery to Front Desk lost and found.
· Report guest comments, suggestions and concerns to the Housekeeping Manager timely.
· May assist with stripping of dirty linens from cottage as needed
· Perform side work as assigned:
· May assist with laundry as needed
o Refill cleaning supplies
o Inventory of supplies according to department inventory schedule
o Organization of supplies
o Folding of terry/linens
· Maintains excellent rapport with staff and guests.
· Performs other duties as directed.
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
1+ years of hotel/hospitality industry housekeeping experience
Reliable transportation to and from Chautauqua
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Punctual & Reliable
· Bi-lingual, a plus
· Communicate effectively in spoken English as well as able to read/write basic English.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Sharp attention to detail.
· Ability to work well within a team-environment and with diverse groups of people.
· Ability to function effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and pass DMV background check.
Requires use of voice mail, e-mail, and property communication devices. Requires minimal technical skills in the performance of the position.
Duties require lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs, ladders as well as navigate the site which has a 200-foot elevation change.
For full position description, please visit our Careers page at www.chautauqua.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 per hour
PO Box 1013
Lafayette, CO 80026
Copyright © 2019 Latino Chamber of Commerce of Boulder County