Communications Manager/Lead Public Information and Communications Officer
Boulder County Office of County Administrator (OCA)
Full-Time, Benefited Position: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm, with some evening or weekend work required.
Location: Boulder County Downtown Courthouse, located at 1325 Pearl St., Boulder, CO 80302
Hiring Salary Range: $88,572.00 - $108,066.00 Annually
The Boulder County Office of County Administrator (OCA) is seeking to hire a Communications Manager/Lead Public Information and Communications Officer (PIO II). This position seeks an experienced communications professional to develop and implement county cross-departmental operations communications strategies, directly supervise OCA internal communications and language access functions, and collaborate with a team of decentralized communications and public information personnel falling within the OCA scope. The position also acts as the County’s primary Emergency and Recovery Response communications contact, will manage OCA media inquiries, and will collaborate closely with the Board of County Commissioners Public Information Officer and PIOs for other elected functions to ensure clear, timely and consistent messaging through varied media.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:COVER LETTER:
Boulder County is looking for well qualified candidates to fill our positions. Any combination of relevant education and experience is encouraged. In this position, we are looking for a candidate having a minimum of eight years of combined education and experience, including one year in a direct supervisory capacity. Candidates must have prior experience in and demonstrated capability in communications strategy development, editing, social media and intranet project management.
- All applicants are required to attach a cover letter for this position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Prior experience with crisis management, utilizing web-based media platforms, language and other access programs
- Two or more years of supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of media operations and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of current English usage and various journalistic styles
- Skill in photography
- Ability to compose press releases, brochures and presentations
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, agencies and the public
CLICK HERE FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION