Frequent Flyers® Aerial Dance Education Director
Frequent Flyers is a Boulder, Colorado, non-profit aerial dance organization. The Education Director is core to the vision of growth and sustainability for this organization. The Education Director will have primary responsibility for planning, executing and managing the education program, including Community Classes, and outreach programs. The Education Director will work closely with the Business Manager and the Artistic Director on matters of Mission and Pedagogy.
The Education Director will be expected to track and analyze, in collaboration with the Executive Team, the key metrics and goals for the Education Program. These will likely include, but may not be limited to, increase FFs ability to meet the needs of a diverse student body, growth in class and program utilization, increase understanding of the student body in support of our fundraising efforts and targeted program expansion.
Salary DOE and ranges $40-50,000/yr. for this full-time position. Benefits include a health insurance stipend, paid holidays, sick leave and PTO as outlined in the Employee Handbook. Hours flexible, but will include evening hours or weekends. Start date: immediate.
● Works with FF staff and contractors to direct and manage the education and outreach programming at FF.
● Plan and envision the structure and scope of professional training at Frequent Flyers .
● Community Classes: manage curriculum and class schedule, managing contract-based teachers, serving as a main point of contract for FF students, parents and instructors.
● Outreach Program: Provide direction and guidance to Community Outreach Manager
● Communicates with the Executive Staff and Board regarding the education program, including statistics on enrollment and outreach activities.
● Ensures that curriculum is consistent with Frequent Flyers teaching goals, and that programming decisions are made consistently with the Mission and Vision of the organization.
● Works with the Business Manager to develop and manage budgets for all education programs.
● Evaluates education programs on an on-going basis, which may involve developing new metrics in some areas.
● Develops new initiatives/content to reach new students in order to expand the education program.
● Assists with fundraising as it pertains to the student base in coordination with FF fund raising efforts.
● Strong interpersonal skills as they will be communicating with other employees, students, parents and volunteers on a regular basis.
● Work well without supervision, demonstrate initiative, and exhibit the emotional intelligence necessary to manage complex interactions.
● Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Windows, Microsoft Office, Google Suite).
● Proven ability to work in a team environment, be creative, mentor and train others.
● Knowledge of performing arts education programming.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
● The ability to display a strong executive presence, as well as the ability to coordinate among the various facets of FF.
● The ideal candidate will focus on innovation and resourcefulness and work well with FF’s student body.
● High level of analytical skills (problem solving, quantitative, workflow process, etc.).
● The ability to use independent judgment, discretion and excellent decision making skills.
● Negotiation, presentation, and customer service skills and the ability to influence and persuade in both written and oral communication.
● Experience with MindBody Online, or other registration software.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.