EMERGENCY FAMILY ASSISTANCE ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Intake & Front Desk Associate
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week Monday-Friday. Work hours are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and 10:30 am – 7:00 pm on Tuesday and Thursday. Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this job.
Work Location: 1575 Yarmouth, Boulder, CO 80304
Reports to: Food Bank Manager
The Intake & Front Desk Associate is the primary point of contact for intake at EFAA’s food bank, serving 400 families a week. In addition, this person will provide administrative support to the Front Desk Coordinator. Services are provided in both English and Spanish. The role requires supporting volunteers, participants, and EFAA staff on a daily basis.
Our preferred candidate has strong problem-solving capacity, effective collaboration in a team setting, excellent customer service and a positive attitude, and an ability to navigate an array of databases and administrative tasks. Must have written and verbal language proficiency in English and Spanish. All EFAA staff are required to contribute to the development of the organization.
EFAA’s mission is to provide stabilizing services, innovative programs, and transformative advocacy to strengthen families and create a thriving community. As an organization we value community, resiliency, innovation, integrity, equity, and impact. For over 100 years, EFAA has provided a local safety net to vulnerable households, and has increasingly developed deeper programming tomore systemically reduce poverty, prevent homelessness, build family resilience and create a more equitable community.
· Support and train volunteers for food bank participant intake
· Troubleshoot problems and technical issues with volunteers
· Assist volunteers with translation for Spanish-speaking participants
· Meet with food bank participants as needed and collect necessary paperwork
· Create accounts for new participants and enroll their households in the database
· Complete intake tasks over the phone with home delivery and pick-up participants
· Review and collect demographic information and update database as needed
Front Desk Support
· Answer phones and take messages in a fast-paced nonprofit environment
· Schedule appointments for participants requesting direct financial assistance
· Complete reminder phone calls with secondary screening
· Meet with food bank participants, determine needs, and resource as appropriate, including but not limited to: referrals to outside agencies and scheduling appointments with EFAA Basic Needs team
· Manage resource information flow, including posting and updating informational flyers and minor Spanish translation for food bank signage as well as occasional phone surveys.
· Provide excellent customer service to all EFAA visitors
· Other administrative tasks as needed
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned as necessitated by organizational demands.
· Commitment to the mission of EFAA and the principals of diversity, equity and inclusion
· High School Diploma/GED
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used
Typical office environment. Regularly uses computers for data input and other work.
This is a full-time position (100 % FTE) scheduled 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $19.00-$20.00 per hour. Competitive pay commensurate with education and experience.
Why You Should Apply
EFAA's culture is employee-focused, providing access to a generous benefits package including:
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Intake & Front Desk Associate”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Our people are the foundation of who we are as an organization. Attracting, hiring and retaining diverse talent enables us to be more innovative and better serve our employees, volunteers, participants, and the community. EFAA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
1925 Pike Rd STE 202
Longmont, CO 80501
Copyright © 2019 Latino Chamber of Boulder County.