EMERGENCY FAMILY ASSISTANCE ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Donor Relations Officer
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week / hybrid
Reports to: Director of Development & Communications
As a member of the Development & Communications team, the Donor Relations Officer is responsible for maximizing support from individual donors to increase the base of annual giving. This position manages a portfolio of major donors and directs the key elements of our annual giving program. Responsibilities include overseeing direct mail, managing mid-level donor program, expanding recurring and peer-to-peer giving, and supporting giving days.
EFAA’s mission is to provide stabilizing services, innovative programs, and transformative advocacy to strengthen families and create a thriving community. As an organization we value community, resiliency, innovation, integrity, equity, and impact. For over 100 years, EFAA has provided a local safety net to families and individuals working hard to make ends meet and has increasingly developed deeper programming to more systemically reduce poverty, prevent homelessness, build family resilience, and create a more equitable community.
Major Gifts (50%)
- Manage a portfolio of about 70 qualified major donors giving gifts from $5,000-$24,999 annually with the potential to give more; create, implement, and track customized strategy/moves management plans for each donor in portfolio
- Build relationships and motivate donors to maintain and increase their level of participation, through strategic cultivation and stewardship, as well as through personal face-to-face solicitations; assist staff and Board with solicitations (e.g. provide prospect briefs, strategic counsel), where appropriate
- Qualify new major donors for incorporation into growing portfolio
- Plan, execute, and attend donor luncheons/receptions
- Manage end-of-year, in-house major donor appeal
Annual Giving (40%)
- Drive strategy of annual giving program to retain, upgrade, and attract donors, with a focus on mid-level giving and online fundraising
- Manage direct marketing program and contract with vendor, including strategy, content/creative, and list building
- Work with Communications Manager to refine and expand online marketing, including segmented e-campaign strategy
- Implement 1:many stewardship and solicitation strategies for mid-level donors giving $500-$4,999, including thank you, solicitation and lapsing donor calls, as well as cultivation events
- Strategically market and expand giving channels that attract and retain small dollar donors (<$500) including recurring giving, text-to-give, and peer-to-peer
- Oversee participation in relevant giving days (i.e. CO Gives Day) including marketing & promotions, solicitation and thank-you’s
- Coordinate Dev/Comm committee members to support with donor calls and outreach, as needed and appropriate
Organizational Engagement (10%)
- Support in the development of annual department strategy and revenue projections
- Attend department, committee, staff and other relevant meetings and events
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list. Additional tasks may be assigned as necessitated by organizational demands.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ fundraising experience with demonstrated acclimation to take on donor portfolio management work, including face-to-face solicitations
- Highly motivated and strategic-thinker, exhibiting a high degree of self-discipline
- Exemplary oral and written communications skills to be able to communicate effectively with donors
- Proficiency in database/CRM moves management and Microsoft 365; experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising
- Light physical demands (i.e. spending hours listening and talking; working on the computer and phone; driving to appointments and events; and occasionally working long days, nights or weekends)
- Commitment to EFAA’s mission and to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used:
Typical office environment. Regularly uses computers for data input and other work.
Take proper safety precautions while as work, reports unsafe circumstances and takes action to prevent accidents. Responsible for ensuring volunteers and supervised staff adhere to EFAA Safety Rules at all times.
This is a full-time position (100% FTE) or 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $60,000-$65,000. Competitive pay commensurate with education and experience.
Why You Should Apply
EFAA's culture is employee-focused, providing access to a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive paid time off and holidays
- Choice of employer-paid health insurance plans, including family coverage options
- Employer paid Simple IRA contributions
- RTD Ecopass
- Language bonus for bilingual English / Spanish employees
- Family friendly policies and practices
- A commitment to professional development and training
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Donor Relations Officer”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Our people are the foundation of who we are as an organization. Attracting, hiring and retaining diverse talent enables us to be more innovative and better serve our employees, volunteers, participants, and the community. EFAA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, disability, military status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or characteristics, parenthood, custody of a minor child, pregnancy or any protected class under applicable Federal, State or local laws that is not listed above.