EMERGENCY FAMILY ASSISTANCE ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Communications Manager
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week / hybrid
Reports to: Director of Development & Communications
Communications Manager deploys a multi-channel communications strategy to advance EFAA’s vision of a community where everyone is stable, healthy and thriving. The Communications Manager is responsible for all day-to-day elements of the communications functions for the organization. Working closely with the Director of Development & Communications, this position develops strategy and produces directly all external communications to build engagement across stakeholders. This position offers a high level of autonomy and the opportunity to lead the communications efforts of Boulder County’s leading safety net organization.
EFAA’s mission is to provide stabilizing services, innovative programs, and transformative advocacy to strengthen families and create a thriving community. As an organization we value community, resiliency, innovation, integrity, equity, and impact. For over 100 years, EFAA has provided a local safety net to vulnerable households, and has increasingly developed deeper programming to more systemically reduce poverty, prevent homelessness, build family resilience and create a more equitable community.
· Work across the organization to develop, implement, and evaluate an annual communications plan that advances donor, volunteer, and program communication priorities
· Develop content and creative / primary author for all communications content, including but not limited to newsletters, direct appeals, e-marketing, impact reports, digital content/ads, annual report, event collateral, outreach materials, stakeholder stories, and blog
· Drive organizational branding and messaging, including developing and maintaining branded organizational print and digital assets
· Develop and implement digital marketing strategy, including website, search engine, and social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, , YouTube) to reach target audiences; in coordination with direct marketing, design, and developer vendors
· Manage and implement earned media/PR tactics to raise awareness, inspire support and share EFAA news; includes press releases, public service announcements, and letters to the editor
· Manage print, radio, and digital advertising initiatives, including strategy, concept development, and graphic design
· Build catalog of communication assets including stories, photos, and video of EFAA’s work with participants and the community; in coordination with photographers and videographers
· Support community engagement by managing/tracking outreach opportunities, tasking speakers, developing key messages and collateral, and managing merchandise
· Implement key strategies and messages that advance EFAA’s advocacy efforts and position EFAA as a local thought leader on poverty and family homelessness
You identify with many of these qualities:
· Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience and 3+ years’ experience at communications manager level work; preferably in a nonprofit environment
· Excellent writing/editing communications skills
· Excellent project and time management skills
· High degree of personal motivation, self-direction and detail-orientation
· Creative and strategic thinker with ability to proactively develop new ideas
· Commitment to EFAA’s mission and to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
· Ability to work in G-Suite, WordPress, Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, and MS Office
· Skill in graphic design/publishing applications a plus
· Bilingual Spanish fluency preferred
- Commitment to EFAA’s mission and the principals of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used:
Typical office environment. Regularly uses computers for data input and other work.
Take proper safety precautions while as work, reports unsafe circumstances and takes action to prevent accidents. Responsible for ensuring volunteers and supervised staff adhere to EFAA Safety Rules at all times.
This is a full-time position (100% FTE) or 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $51,000-$57,000. Competitive pay commensurate with education and experience.
Why You Should Apply
EFAA's culture is employee-focused, providing access to a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive paid time off and holidays
- Choice of employer-paid health insurance plans, including family coverage options
- Employer paid Simple IRA contributions
- RTD Ecopass
- Language bonus for bilingual English / Spanish employees
- Family friendly policies and practices
- A commitment to professional development and training
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume in a single PDF file to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Manager”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Our people are the foundation of who we are as an organization. Attracting, hiring and retaining diverse talent enables us to be more innovative and better serve our employees, volunteers, participants, and the community. EFAA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, disability, military status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or characteristics, parenthood, custody of a minor child, pregnancy or any protected class under applicable Federal, State or local laws that is not listed above.