EMERGENCY FAMILY ASSISTANCE ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Director of Operations
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. This person will usually work M-F within the hours of 8:30-5:00. Employee will be expected to work some weekends, or after hours to respond to emergencies or to supervise volunteer work. Some flexibility is available to be determined by the supervisor and employee. Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this job.
Worksite: EFAA Office, 1575 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder and a variety of EFAA locations across Boulder County
Position Summary: This position is responsible for ongoing and preventative maintenance and minor repairs of all EFAA facilities. The responsibilities include: general maintenance work, upkeep of grounds, and daily cleaning of work sites. This person is responsible for maintaining safe, quality housing sites at EFAA. Additional responsibilities include general repairs of all types, painting and cleaning as well as rehabilitation of shelter units at turnover. Responsible for yard work, snow removal, and occasional support to food bank operations. Responsible for maintaining tools in good working order, and routine maintenance and safety checks.
EFAA’s mission is to provide stabilizing services, innovative programs, and transformative advocacy to strengthen families and create a thriving community. As an organization we value community, resiliency, innovation, integrity, equity, and impact. For over 100 years, EFAA has provided a local safety net to vulnerable households, and has increasingly developed deeper programming to more systemically reduce poverty, prevent homelessness, build family resilience and create a more equitable community.
- Based on work orders entered into Landlord 123, schedules and carries out completion of work orders and documentation in Landlord 123 in a timely fashion.
- Performs maintenance and repair tasks at all EFAA facilities, grounds and includes emergency trouble-shooting, preventative maintenance and repairs on plumbing, heating, electrical systems, and building structures.
- Assists the volunteer workers and/or contract repair persons (equipment mechanics, electricians, plumbers, etc.) in a variety of maintenance and repair functions.
- Respond to task requests placed by staff on a timely basis and at direction of supervisor.
- Has shared responsibility for afterhours emergency facilities repairs, responding directly or deploying contractors.
- Responsible for landscaping, snow removal and other related duties as necessary to maintain properties.
- Safely uses the tools and equipment in the performance of maintenance tasks: painting equipment, hand tools, power tools, long handled tools, cleaning equipment, ground keeping equipment and company vehicles.
- Maintain written record of maintenance performed and follow procedures for monthly record keeping and completes other relevant paperwork and reports related to maintenance.
- Interacts with EFAA participants and staff in a respectful, professional manner at all times.
- Takes proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe circumstances and acts accordingly to prevent accidents. Adheres to and practices EFAA safety rules. Is responsible for ensuring volunteers and contractors adhere to EFAA safety rules.
- Inspects EFAA properties on a regular scheduled basis including cleanliness of site, repairs, and safety concerns. Any major items will be reported to the Operations Director.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Operations Director.
Skills / Qualifications:
- At least 6 months of building maintenance and repair experience, including demonstrated working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting and mechanical systems and equipment.
- Ability to follow established procedures for record keeping.
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to operate various hand and power tools.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Conversationally functional Spanish preferred.
- Ability to respectfully interact with diverse participant populations.
- Available for on-call in exceptional circumstances.
- This position requires a valid Colorado Driver’s License, reliable transportation and clean driving record.
- Commitment to EFAA’s mission and the principals of diversity, equity and inclusion
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used:Physical agility to perform all aspects of the job including standing, sitting, walking and/or the ability to lift up to 100 pounds and move equipment and objects, including furniture, on a regular basis. Regularly required to work outside. Climbing ladders and use of power tools is required on a regular basis. Required use of computer for data entry and other work.
This is a full time (100% FTE) or 40 hours per week. The hourly wage this position is $18.00 - $19.00 per hour. Competitive pay commensurate with education and experience.
Why You Should Apply
EFAA's culture is employee-focused, providing access to a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive paid time off and holidays
- Choice of employer-paid health insurance plans, including family coverage options
- Employer paid Simple IRA contributions
- RTD Ecopass
- Language bonus for bilingual English / Spanish employees
- Family friendly policies and practices
- A commitment to professional development and training
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Maintenance Technician”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Our people are the foundation of who we are as an organization. Attracting, hiring and retaining diverse talent enables us to be more innovative and better serve our employees, volunteers, participants, and the community. EFAA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, disability, military status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or characteristics, parenthood, custody of a minor child, pregnancy or any protected class under applicable Federal, State or local laws that is not listed above.