EMERGENCY FAMILY ASSISTANCE ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Children, Youth and Family Coordinator
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week Monday-Friday. Work hours are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm with occasional evenings and weekends. We are currently operating on a hybrid schedule with the opportunity to work a combination of onsite and remote schedule. On site work Mon, Tues, and Wed from 3:30 – 5:30 pm required. Onsite work may vary between EFAA housing sites. Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this job.
Reports to: Children, Youth and Family Program Manager
Worksite: EFAA Office, 1575 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder and a variety of EFAA housing sites throughout Boulder County
EFAA’s mission is to provide stabilization services, innovative programs, and transformative advocacy to strengthen families and create a thriving community. For over 100 years, EFAA has provided a local safety net to vulnerable households and has increasingly developed deeper programming to more systematically reduce poverty, prevent homelessness, build family resilience and create a more equitable community.
The goal of this position is to foster resiliency and strong, positive social and emotional development of children experiencing homelessness and or are facing multiple risk factors with a focus on equity. The Children, Youth and Family Program Coordinator will focus their work on supporting EFAA’s targeted initiatives, programs, and trainings for low-income and ethnically diverse children & their parents residing in our Housing Programs as well as to EFAA’s participant families.
The focus areas for EFAA’s Children’s Youth and Family Program are to ensure participant families have access to health care, strengths based/trauma informed parenting skills/support, access to prosocial activities, school success and social and emotional well-being.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate child, youth, and parent focused trainings and classes as identified by the CYF Manager.
- Improve CYF connection and coordination with community resources, including local schools, childcare, mental health support, parenting classes, summer camps, community activities, etc.
- Support the CYF Program manager on the design and implementation of the support group-based behavioral health initiative for participants; facilitate the program as determined.
- Support the CYF Manager in the implementation of expanded childcare referrals; facilitate services as determined.
- Facilitate summer camp and other year-round pro-social activities to Basic Needs families; support the CYF manager in coordinating providers.
- Compile and regularly share relevant child-focused resources with Children, Housing and Basic Needs Resource Navigators.
- Assist with developing and participating in the afterschool activities program for children in the EFAA Housing program.
- Participate in family-focused community events (goal of one every 3 months), in coordination with the Housing program with the goal of creating community, networking among the families and increasing healthy parent-child interactions
- Assist in the coordination of volunteers.
- Attend all appropriate staff meetings.
- Assist in the identification and introduction of national best-practices as they related to CYF programming.
- Take proper safety precautions, anticipate unsafe circumstances and act accordingly to prevent accidents. Adhere to and practice EFAA Safety Rules and COVID protocols. Ensure volunteers and supervised staff adhere to EFAA safety rules at all times.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned as necessitated by organizational demands.
● Degree in child development, education, human services or equivalent experience required.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with children in low-income and ethnically diverse populations.
● Ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide variety of people. Experience in group training or facilitation, preferred.
● Verbal and written Spanish language proficiency required.
● Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
● Attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple projects. Experience in event and project management, preferred.
● Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
● Clean driving record.
● Requires computer skills in MS Office and MS Teams. Strong Excel experience with solid knowledge of formulas and functions preferred.
● Requires a valid Colorado Driver’s License and private transportation.
● Commitment to EFAA’s mission diversity, equity and inclusion.
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used:
Physical agility to perform all aspects of the job including standing, sitting, walking, the use of stairs, ability to lift up to 30 lbs. Typical office environment. Regularly uses computers for data input and other work.
Employee must take proper safety precautions, anticipate unsafe circumstances and act accordingly to prevent accidents; adhere to and practice EFAA Safety Rules.
This is a full-time position (100% FTE) or 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $48,000 - $52,000. Competitive pay commensurate with education and experience.
Why You Should Apply
EFAA's culture is employee-focused, providing access to a generous benefits package including:
● Competitive paid time off and holidays
● Choice of employer-paid health insurance plans, including family coverage options
● Employer paid Simple IRA contributions
● RTD Ecopass
● Language bonus for bilingual English / Spanish speaking employees
● Family friendly policies and practices
● A commitment to professional development and training
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Children Youth and Family Coordinator”. The position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Our people are the foundation of who we are as an organization. Attracting, hiring and retaining diverse talent enables us to be more innovative and better serve our employees, volunteers, participants, and the community. EFAA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, disability, military status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or characteristics, parenthood, custody of a minor child, pregnancy or any protected class under applicable Federal, State or local laws that is not listed above.