EMERGENCY FAMILY ASSISTANCE ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Children, Youth and Families Program Manager
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. This person will typically work within the hours of 8:30 - 5:00 with some flexibility as determined by the supervisor and employee. We are currently operating on a hybrid schedule with opportunity to work a combination of onsite and remote schedule. Some evening/weekend work will be required. Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this job.
Primary Worksite: EFAA Office, 1575 Yarmouth Ave, BoulderReports to: Director of Programs
Supervises: Children’s, Youth, and Families Program Coordinator, Children, Youth and Families Resource Navigators
EFAA’s mission is to provide stabilizing services, innovative programs, and transformative advocacy to strengthen families and create a thriving community. For over 100 years, EFAA has provided a local safety net to vulnerable households and has increasingly developed deeper programming to more systemically reduce poverty, prevent homelessness, build family resilience and create a more equitable community.
Supervisors are responsible for hiring, training, and evaluating supervised positions consistent with EFAA policies and procedures including annual evaluations and professional development plans for staff members. Documentation and paperwork related to supervisor responsibilities (hiring documents, compensation sheets, timesheets/absence reports, evaluations / quarterly reviews) completed in a timely and accurate manner.
This position is responsible for the oversight, development, and implementation of programming relevant to children youth, and families served by EFAA under the guidance of the Director of Programs and in partnership with a wide variety of community organizations. This role works closely with the Housing Program Manager to identify if needs related to children and parenting are met at EFAA’s housing sites located around Boulder County. The Children Youth and Families Program Manager oversees a team of resource navigators and a coordinator and is responsible for the management of volunteers throughout programming. As a member of the Program Management team, they actively participate in collaborative planning including team meetings, in-services, trainings, and more. All staff are required to contribute to the overall development of the organization.
- · Oversee the development, implementation, and management of EFAA’s Children Youth and Families Strategic Plan priorities – help lead the strategic vision of the department.
- · Oversee the coordination and implementation of all CYF programming and activities.
- · Oversee and ensure the provision of safe, supportive, trauma-informed, strengths-based children focused care management and afterschool programming
- · Manage grant contracts including budget management, tracking and reporting, and fulfillment of outputs and outcomes; establish outputs and outcomes as required.
- · Closely coordinates and collaborates as a member of the Program Management Team
- · Serve as the CYF staff lead internally and externally to help design, implement, manage, and evaluate EFAA’s youth and family programming, including bi-lingual (Spanish) parenting groups.
- · Primary staff contact to the CYF department; CDPHE Positive Youth Development, Illuminate Colorado, Early Childhood Council Boulder County, and other local, state, and national organizations.
- · Monitor financial reports in collaboration with Director of Programs to ensure program spending is within limits and/or variances are evaluated and managed.
- · Responsible for pulling reports, tracking, managing, and analyzing all departmental data metrics; regularly review staff data entry for quality assurance
- · Identify and participate in activities designed to enhance skills and abilities required for professional development of CYF staff.
- · Oversee volunteer led programming.
- · Oversee the development and implementation of all departmental MOUs
- · Research, develop, and implement CYF programming as needs are identified
- · Make suggestions on procedures, policies, and programs that will improve EFAA.
- · Represent EFAA in community events, meetings and speaking engagements, as requested.
- · Take proper safety precautions, anticipate unsafe circumstances and act accordingly to prevent accidents. Adhere to and practice EFAA Safety Rules.
- · Responsible for ensuring volunteers and supervised staff adhere to EFAA safety rules and COVID protocols at all times.
- · Travel between main office and housing sites required.
- · Manage the Children, Youth and Families department to ensure quality of operations, cohesion, collaboration, and success of programming / outcomes
- · Represent EFAA within the community, partner agencies & related organizations
- · Provide excellent direct supervision to staff, including coaching/mentoring, evaluation, and support of professional development
- · Provide coverage of programs and services, as needed
- · Train and manage volunteers throughout Children Youth and Family programming
- · Evaluate staff work programs to the end that they support achievement of department goals
- · Prepare and manage department budget to meet objectives with available resources and monitor department expenditures against budget.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned as necessitated by organizational demands.
- · 3+ years of relevant experience working in children and youth human services programming
- · Related undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- · Demonstrated leadership experience
- · Experience working with low-income and ethnically diverse households
- · Ability to communicate and work easily with a wide variety of people.
- · Ability to establish priorities in environment of competing demands.
- · Attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple projects.
- · Excellent computer skills in MS Office and Microsoft Teams.
- · Commitment to EFAA’s mission and the principals of diversity, equity and inclusion
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- · Master of Social Work or related degree
- · Prior managerial experience
- · Program development / implementation experience
- · Understanding of trauma-informed and strengths-based case management practices
- · Spanish language proficiency
Working Environment, Physical Activities and Equipment Used:
Typical office environment. Regularly uses computers for data input and other work.
This is a full-time position (100% FTE) or 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $68,000. Competitive pay commensurate with education and experience.
Why You Should Apply
EFAA's culture is employee-focused, providing access to a generous benefits package including:
- · Competitive paid time off and holidays
- · Choice of employer-paid health insurance plans, including family coverage options
- · Employer paid Simple IRA contributions
- · RTD Ecopass
- · Language bonus for bilingual English / Spanish speaking employees
- · Family friendly policies and practices
- · A commitment to professional development and training
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Children, Youth & Families Program Manager”. The position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Non-Discrimination PolicyOur people are the foundation of who we are as an organization. Attracting, hiring and retaining diverse talent enables us to be more innovative and better serve our employees, volunteers, participants, and the community. EFAA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, disability, military status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or characteristics, parenthood, custody of a minor child, pregnancy or any protected class under applicable Federal, State or local laws that is not list