**Applications are only accepted through our Boulder County career's page. If you are not redirected to apply there, please use the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/boulder/jobs/4211632/data-and-performance-manager?keywords=data&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs**
Boulder County is an amazing place to work where the Guiding Values and Strategic Priorities are echoed throughout its departments. We are seeking a skilled and motivated individual to join Boulder County’s Department of Housing and Human Services (HHS) as a Human Services Data and Performance Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, and leadership of a data and performance framework for HHS that will engage staff, integrate data-driven decision-making into everyday practice, provide capacity/utilization analysis, and bring transparency to HHS’s program and service outcomes. The successful candidate will possess a strong analytical mindset, excellent leadership capabilities, a deep commitment to racial equity, expertise in how to use data to improve outcomes for disparate populations, and an understanding of human services data management.
The leader in this position will be able to build, maintain, and nurture relationships with staff at all levels, community-based nonprofit partner agencies, and community members and requires a strategic thinker who is collaborative, approachable, responsive, and trustworthy. This role requires a high degree of sensitivity and understanding of specific barriers that prevent access and engagement by people from vulnerable or historically marginalized populations, including but not limited to people with different racial or ethnic backgrounds, people who are LBGTQ+, have one or more disabilities, or whose first language may be a language other than English.
This is a full-time, benefited position. Work hours are generally Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, with flexibility available as needed. The ability to work a remote or hybrid schedule is a possibility for this role, with the expectation of attending occasional in-person meetings/office time out of Boulder, CO. Under FLSA guidelines, this position is exempt. New employees receive an 80-hour bank (Download PDF reader) of vacation at the time of hire, in addition to 8 hours of both vacation and medical leave accruals each month.
Boulder County requires its employees to reside in the state of Colorado as of their first day of employment.
Hiring Salary Range: $91,152.00 - $111,162.00 Annually
Tentative Hiring Timeline:
Examples of Duties
• Develop and implement a data and performance framework for HHS that engages staff, integrates data-driven decision-making into everyday practice, provides capacity/utilization analysis, and brings transparency to HHS’s program and service outcomes.
Stakeholder Engagement and Collaboration
• Collaborate with IT data analytics teams to access data from the data warehouse.
• Utilize feedback from internal/external customers, State partners, and other County partners to align goals and objectives to better serve the customers.
• In collaboration with Deputy Directors and staff, provide data, analysis, and recommendations for service, program, and process improvements.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand their data needs and requirements.
o Foster relationships with partner organizations, government agencies, and community stakeholders to facilitate data sharing and collaboration.
o Serve as a subject matter expert on human services data and performance during meetings, presentations, and consultations.
Data Collection and Analysis:
• Collaborate with IT to organize disparate data systems to connect and transform raw, unstructured data into actionable information.
• Develop and implement data collection methodologies to ensure accurate and reliable data.
• Design and manage data collection tools, surveys, and databases to track program performance and outcomes.
• Analyze data to identify trends, patterns, and performance indicators, and present findings to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
• Conduct regular audits and quality checks to ensure data integrity and adherence to established standards.
Performance Monitoring and Reporting:
• Establish performance metrics and benchmarks for human services programs.
• Monitor program performance against established targets and goals.
• Prepare regular performance reports, dashboards, and presentations for senior management and external stakeholders.
• Provide insights and recommendations for program improvement based on data analysis.
Program Evaluation and Improvement:
• Lead and facilitate program evaluation activities, including outcome evaluations and impact assessments.
• Lead the agency to use racialized data to improve outcomes for staff and communities of color.
• Collaborate with program managers and staff to identify areas for program improvement based on data-driven insights.
• Develop and implement strategies to enhance program effectiveness and efficiency.
• Assist in the design and implementation of performance improvement initiatives.
• Provide support for the team to the practice of Lean and continuous process improvement principles.
Data Management and Compliance:
• Ensure compliance with data privacy and security regulations.
• Develop and maintain data management protocols and procedures.
• Collaborate with IT and data teams to streamline data collection, storage, and reporting processes.
• Stay updated with industry best practices, emerging trends, and advancements in human services data management.
Coach and Support
• Supervise HHS Sr Business Analyst and Sr Data Analyst. Collaborate with IT’s data and analytics team
Performs related work as required.
May be reassigned in emergency situations.
PLEASE NOTE: When completing your application describe all relevant education and experience, as applications are assessed based on the required qualifications listed. Resumes and other attachments are not accepted in lieu of completed applications and will not be reviewed in the initial screening process. Any personally identifiable information (PII) such as name and address will be redacted from applications that meet the minimum screening requirements and are forwarded to the hiring manager. If the hiring manager selects you to advance in the hiring process, your attachments will then be shared with the hiring team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Boulder County is looking for well qualified candidates to fill our positions. Any combination of relevant education and experience is encouraged. In this position, we are looking for a minimum of Bachelors degree in a human behavioral science or related field and five years of professional experience in data science or related field, including three years in a supervisory or management capacity.
Additional related education may count towards required experience.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND FINGERPRINTING:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Boulder County is a family-friendly workplace dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment for all employees. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
1925 Pike Rd STE 202
Longmont, CO 80501
Copyright © 2019 Latino Chamber of Boulder County.