Studio Arts Boulder is a nonprofit community arts organization that manages the historic Boulder Pottery Lab. We are seeking applicants to join our Board of Directors. Please email Kari Palazzari, Executive Director, at email@example.com for more information or to express your interest in the position. No previous board experience is required. If you have marketing/fundraising experience, please highlight that in your email. Thank you!
The Board of Directors for Studio Arts Boulder is a working board and we ask each board member to contribute time each month in addition to regular board meetings to help Studio Arts Boulder further its mission.
Purpose: To advise, govern, establish policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Studio Arts Boulder so as to support the organization's mission and needs.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Personnel evaluation and staff development
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of Studio Arts Boulder. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on their experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of Term: Each term is two years long. Board members may be re-elected up to a maximum of five consecutive terms, pending approval of the Board.
Meetings and Time Commitment:
- The board of directors meets once a month for regular, public board meetings and in-between for working meetings, as needed. Regular meetings are typically two hours in length.
- Committees of the board meet between each board meeting, pending their respective work agenda.
- Board members are asked to attend special events or other meetings as they are determined.
Expectations of Individual Board Members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis and special events as able.
- Participate in a standing committee of the board and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community trends and needs that can be addressed by Studio Arts Boulder.
- Help communicate and promote Studio Arts Boulder's mission and programs to the community.
- Understand Studio Arts Boulder's finances, budget, and resource needs.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Studio Arts Boulder.
- Financially support Studio Arts Boulder with a meaninful gift commensurate with one's ability.
To apply for a board position, please send an email to our Executive Director, Kari Palazzari, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!